Thursday, 17 November 2011

Welcome to C R Guiliano


One of the most exciting aspects of interviewing is meeting exciting authors. Today, I have C R Guiliano on my blog.

Without more ado over to C R...

How did you get started writing?

I’ve written off and on since childhood. Silly stories about unicorns, dragons, knights in shining armor and princesses in grade school; poems (including one published one) in high school. Didn’t start serious writing until I was an adult.

Was there a particular author or book that made you decide you wanted to write in the genre?  If so, who or what was it?

Hmmm, the very first book of this genre that I purchased was “His Inconvenient Husband” by J.L. Langley back in July of 2010. I was hooked after that. I started writing my own erotic stories shortly after, publishing my first in September, 2010.

Where do you write? Does your environment have an impact on what or how you write?

I actually write anywhere. In the middle of the night, I’ll wake up and make notes on something I dreamed about. When traveling, I do the same. The majority of my writing is in bed with my trusty laptop.

What do you love most about writing?  What do you hate about it?

What I love most about it is making the characters come alive. Telling their stories that are both believable and touching. These are romances after all. Hate? Well, I would say when I get stuck in a particular scene and struggle to come up with what happens next.

How did you come up with the title?

I actually went through about four titles before I settled on Phoenix. I wanted to convey a rebirth from tragedy. The renewing of Thad’s heart from the ashes of pain.

Can you tell us about your main character?

Certainly. Thaddeus Carmichael is a beautiful man with a tragic past. He has struggled with heartache for thirteen years. Has done some pretty horrible things to survive in a cruel world and has been attacked and barely lived. Haydin Rivers, the love of Thad’s life, was a confused teenager, that morphed into a strong man who knew what he wanted, who he wanted and wasn’t afraid to go after it, or admit the pain and suffering that both he and Thad went through were of his own making.

How did you develop your plot and characters?

Purely from imagination. I honestly did not fashion either of these particular characters after anyone. They just…appeared in my imagination. The plot nearly wrote itself.

What are you working on at the moment?

I actually have multiple projects that I am working on, many are sequels, prequels and a few that have branched off from my published works. I also have many projects that are in different genres as well.

To date, what has been the best advice or words of encouragement you've received?

Hmmm, I actually haven’t been given advice or encouragement from anyone. I would say my biggest motivation is seeing my stories sell. Knowing there are people out there that enjoy them. That, in itself, gives me the strength to carry on and continue to write.

What are three things about you that would surprise your fans?

Lol, I’m not sure about that. This question stumps me as I consider myself an average person with a boring life. It’s common knowledge that the majority of gay erotic romance is written (and read) by straight women, so it is no surprise that I am one. Possibly that I’ve only been published for a little over a year? Maybe?

Where can we find you on the web?

You can google C R Guiliano and find me. I’m on Amazon.com, Facebook and my blog is http://crguiliano-author.blogspot.com I would be happy and humbled to hear from any of my fans and fellow authors.

C R's Bio: 

C R Guiliano is a widow and single mother living in Arizona with a multitude of cats. She has been immersed in writing from a young age and finds nothing more satisfying then breathing life into her characters for others to enjoy. Besides writing, she likes to read, crochet, play video games and chat on Facebook.



Cover art, courtesy of Remmy Duchene


Blurb:

Thad’s world crumbled the night he said those three little words to his best friend, Haydin Rivers. But he couldn’t, wouldn’t take them back. His heart turned to ashes at the rejection of Haydin…and his own parents. Thad fled the small town of Maysville. He wouldn’t stay where he was not wanted. He made his way from Kentucky, across America to California.

Thirteen years later, Thad had to return to the town that caused him so much pain. A little sister waited for him, and unknown to him, so did Haydin. But Thad saw Haydin, the CEO of Thad’s father’s corporation, and more importantly, saw the lover now with Haydin. The ashes of Thad‘s heart burned painfully all over again.

==================

Haydin missed Thaddeus Carmichael. He knew he’d destroyed Thad when he’d rejected him…violently. But Haydin didn’t want to admit who he was. Wasn’t even sure who he was supposed to be. Thad made it easy…and hard, to be open and honest. Ten years later, Haydin finally came out of the closet and after another year, had a lover. A lover that was soon forgotten when Thad came back to town two years later.

Haydin had every intention of winning Thad’s heart again. Making it whole from the ashes he‘d created. Repairing the damage he’d done thirteen years ago. And this time around, he had help. Thad wasn’t the only one who returned to Maysville. Shea Rivers, Haydin’s brother returned too. And Shea was determined to have Thad’s little sister, Clarissa. Haylee, Haydin’s twin sister, the one person who’d been there through Haydin’s torturous journey to coming out, wanted her brother happy. And the only one who could make Haydin happy…was Thad.


Excerpt:

“Thaddeus? Thaddeus Carmichael?” The unknown voice said on the phone. “Yes?” Thad answered, casting his mind back to whether he had any debts he hadn’t paid since the man sounded an awful lot like a collector. “My name is Jason Cross. I’m an estate attorney. I hate to be the barrier of bad news, but your parents have been in a tragic car accident and didn’t survive.” The man paused, most likely to give Thad a chance to process such shocking information. What Thad felt was numbness. He’d not spoken to his parents in thirteen years. Since the night they decided their only son was no longer a member of the family. The night he told them he was in love with his best friend, Haydin Rivers. The same night Haydin had rejected Thad and called him such horrible names and become violent that it had turned Thad’s heart to ash.
“I am aware, sir, that you were estranged from your family, however, their last will and testament is quite specific. I wonder if you could come to Maysville so we may discuss it?” The man…Jason Cross…said. Maysville? No, Thad never wanted to go back to Maysville. He had a nice cushy journalist job in downtown L.A., a beachfront condo he owned and a tentative boyfriend. He didn’t want to go back to the pain that town represented. “Mr. Carmichael?” Mr. Cross said into the silence. “Is it necessary that I be there in person?” Thad said, hating the way his voice wavered. “I understand this is hard for you. But, yes, it’s necessary. It has primarily to do with Clarissa.” Mr. Cross said, obviously misunderstanding the shake in Thad’s voice for grief. Thad had been standing in his kitchen when he’d answered the phone. Now he sat heavily in a chair. “Rissa?” He said blankly. Clarissa was four the night Thad fled Maysville. She’d be…seventeen now. Nearly a young woman. “Yes. Mr. Carmichael. It’s really very important that I speak to you in person.” Mr. Cross reiterated. Thad closed his eyes with a sigh. “I’ll grab a flight in the morning and be in your office tomorrow afternoon.” Thad said with resignation. “Thank you, Mr. Carmichael. I will expect you then. Good-bye.” Thad heard the disconnection, but sat frozen holding the phone to his ear. Maysville. Shit!









No comments:

Post a Comment