Sunday, 22 January 2012

Welcome to DC Juris

Oooh, I have DC Juris back again and sharing a brand spanking new virginal excerpt. This makes Sue a happy girl.


Over to you, Danny...


Hi folks! ::settles in::

Today I'm here to share an excerpt from my newest release, "Betrayed."

Now, for most of you who know me, you're used to lighter stories. Maybe some food play, maybe some twincest - but usually it's all done on a happy note.

That's not the case for "Betrayed." Well, it almost was the case. I submitted it to my editor at Breathless Press, and at first, it was met with a resounding "no." To be fair, it was more like a "tweak it and we'll talk."

To my astonishment, what my editor wanted as more darkness.

I'd written all the dark stuff originally, and then taken it out. My readers would never want something like that. They'd never be okay with all that doom and gloom.

But on the other hand, I had to see this story accepted. You see, it's a rewrite of the very first serious story I'd ever written. These characters had been with me since I was sixteen years old - that's seventeen years. I owed them publication.

So I put all the dark bits back in, and resent it. My editor loved it. Turns out, my readers love it, too. Even the ones who really, really don't like dark stories.

::smiles proudly:: So, without further ado, here's a you-won't-find-it-anywhere-else excerpt!


She held the coin up to her mouth and bit down on it. Apparently satisfied, she pocketed the payment and pushed the door open. “Take your pick.”
Meldrick wrinkled his nose at the assembled women. “Have you no men?”
“Ah. Come this way.” He followed her farther down the hallway to another door, this one blue. She opened it, and they stepped inside. Meldrick took in his surroundings, his cock going hard. Dozens of men filled the room, most of them naked, men of all heights and body builds, all skin tones, longhaired and shorthaired. Some lounged on luxurious-looking couches or chairs, some stood talking, others had paired—or trioed or quadrupled—off into corners and were engaged in pleasuring each other while a few looked on, cocks in hand. The room smelled of sweat and sex. Meldrick licked his lips and savored the hum of lust in his veins.
“See anything you like?” she prompted.
He didn’t see anything he didn’t like. “Are any of them inclined to do things outside the norm?”
“How far outside?”
Meldrick wrinkled his brow. “Mayhaps a little rough.”
She grinned. “Taram,” she called out.
A man on the other side of the room responded, standing quickly and moving toward them. He wore no clothing, except for a leather ring around his long, thick, erect cock. The man towered well above the rest of the men, with short hair, broad shoulders, a trim waist, and hips that Meldrick longed to dig his fingers into.
“You’ve been selected.” The woman gestured to Meldrick.
Taram looked him up and down, smiling. “Indeed I have.” He held out a hand. “I’m Taram.”
Meldrick glanced down at the man’s hand. He hadn’t expected to know anything about the person he ended up with. He shook Taram’s hand, though. “I’m Mel—” he faltered, realizing at last that he likely shouldn’t use his real name. He’d gone to great lengths to ensure no one had known his destination after the feast, giving out several different versions of his plans for the evening to those who had asked, and even stopping to buy a pair of gloves to hide the scar on his hand. Just in case. By royal edict, knights weren’t permitted in such places. And such places weren’t permitted to serve knights.
Taram shrugged. “You needn’t share your name. Come.” He took Meldrick’s hand and began to leave.
Meldrick pulled back. “You can bring someone with you, if you’d like.” He’d never taken part in anything like that, but the array of choices had his mouth watering and his inhibitions all but gone.
Taram’s ear-to-ear grin made Meldrick’s cock twitch. “Bizub,” Taram called out. “Join us.”
The man stood and came to join them immediately. He ran his hands up and down his body as he approached, toyed with his nipples, and bit his lower lip, his fat cockhead glistening. Much shorter than Taram, he had an almost feminine beauty to his round face, full mouth, and doe eyes. He fluttered his long lashes and smiled sweetly up at Meldrick.
“This is Bizub,” Taram introduced as he slid an arm around Bizub.
Bizub nestled against Taram, ran a hand up Taram’s chest, and Meldrick groaned softly.
“I assume you chose me for a reason?” Taram asked.
Meldrick gestured to the woman. “She said you don’t mind rough.”
Taram nodded. “Neither of us does. My only rule is that you don’t leave any marks on my face.”
Bizub chuckled. “He has to keep his pretty face safe for those who like him for it. I, on the other hand...” He trailed off and shrugged.
They each took one of Meldrick’s hands, led him through a door off to the left side of the room and into another, smaller room. Two torches hung in sconces on each wall, giving just enough light to see. A large bed stood in the middle of the room, piled high with pillows, silks, and furs. Beside the bed, an assortment of things—manacles, several cock-shaped items, bottles of oil, and what appeared to be a plug of some kind—had been laid out on a table. Though Meldrick had never seen anything like some of them, there was little guess as to what they were for. They entered the room, Taram first, then Bizub, with Meldrick behind them. Just inside the door, Meldrick grabbed Bizub by the arm, spun him around, and pinned him against the wall.
Bizub collided with a whuff and smiled. “You waste no time.”
“Don’t speak.” Cock straining against his breeches, Meldrick wrapped one hand around Bizub’s throat and squeezed experimentally, cursing the glove that hampered his ability to feel vulnerable skin and bone beneath his flesh. Bizub tipped his head back in response. Meldrick dipped his other hand to Bizub’s cock, started tugging with sharp, harsh downward motions. He closed his eyes and tried to imagine Bizub was Faldor.


Blurb:

Two years after he lost his soul mate to the war, Faldor still pines for Meldrick. His world is turned upside down when Meldrick appears on his doorstep late one night, seemingly back from the dead. Finally escaped from a prison camp, Meldrick protects a dark secret—one that could rip their rekindled love apart if Faldor ever learned the truth. But the longer they're together, the more questions come up. What really happened two years ago? How did Meldrick escape the prison camp after so long? Is Meldrick still the man Faldor fell in love with? Can Meldrick reconcile who he is with who he was and move beyond his treachery, or will betrayal win?

Buy Link at All Romance eBook



Author bio:

A Southern transplant who has retained none of his accent but all of his charm, DC Juris is an out and proud transgender bisexual living in Upstate New York with his husband, four dogs, three cats, and a menagerie of Halloween props just creepy enough to keep people guessing about his sanity. He's still hopelessly single when it comes to the woman in his life, and he'll gladly entertain offers or applications for the position! In the rare event that he's not writing, DC can be found surfing the internet for random research, killing things on his Xbox, reading, taking pictures of the world around him, or playing Farmville, to which he admits a complete and totally blissful addiction. You can keep up with him atwww.facebook.com/dcjuris, or www.dcjuris.com







4 comments:

  1. Hi Danny!

    I have to admit that this particular scene was a little uncomfortable for me. I felt like he was being disrespectful to Faldor; yet at the same time, I know where he was emotionally and why he thought he had to think that way. In any case, Faldor knew how to handle it and that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lena! Yay - a comment!! Yeah, I raised an eyebrow when I started this scene. I toyed with the idea of going all the way - showing everything - or not. In the end, I'm glad it kind of faded to black. I'm not sure the readers could've gotten around what Meldrick did if they'd seen it all in vivid detail. I'm glad you got the reasoning behind it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um...I saw enough. I was already struggling with what I thought of him. If I'd seen more, I don't know if I could have forgiven him and want him to be with Faldor. I'm amazed that Faldor forgives him. I just LOVED the definition of whether or not it was cheating. :rolls eyes:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very hot cover! I love the premise, too. Much luck DC!

    ReplyDelete