Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Inspiration: Sharita Lira and her Menspirations


I have to say that if there is anyone that inspires me among the friends that I have made in the last couple of years, it is Sharita Lira. This woman has the energy and life of ten women, and is extraordinarily kind and lovely.



Menspirations
Sharita Lira

Author Sharita Lira’s word for the men that drive the stories. Thanks to Sue for having me on to talk about my favorite topic other than m/m romance and or sex. MEN. Ah, the beautiful creatures that drive us up a wall. We love them though right? Sure we do.

As I stated in a blogpost I did on Erotic Diaries a couple of weeks ago, men are so much hotter than women and there are reasons why but I won’t rehash that. I’ll just say I love writing m/m romance because the men I love from afar and admire inspire me to write a story for them. Very seldom is that story a hetero tale where I pair the man with some beautiful voluptuous female. Instead, I’m thinking oh he would look so good with…



HIM, oh yeah him. The man above, the hot and luscious, Jason Momoa who many know as the newest version of Conan, the brute Drago on God of Thrones, Stargate Atlantis main character and well the one I recall better, the Indian guy that Beyonce’s little sister meets in Johnson Family Vacation named Navarro. Oh yeah and he did Baywatch too. Did I just give you his entire career? Well okay, I’m nuts about Mr. Momoa who is also Lisa Bonet’s husband. And then there’s the guy I just posted, model extraordinaire, David Gandy. HOT HOT HOT!

These two men are only a couple of what I like to call my Menspirations. I have two blogs and 4 Facebook albums full of them. At times, they’ll speak to me and say, “write me a story.” Yes and it’s mostly manlove tales with them pairing up with another man. How can I say no? Sometimes the plot is already there and just needs me to write the synopsis but other times, its pieces missing and I’ll write down the details and save it for later.

I’m sure many writers do this where they’ll pick a favorite of theirs and put them in an imaginary world. Nothing wrong with that! In my mind, you’re only making that tale in your head come alive. That man, that person you’ve selected has become your Menspiration!

Thanks so much for having me. Ironically, I had Jason and David in mind for my latest series by my alter ego, wicked gal BLMorticia called You Don’t Ask We Don’t Tell. Jason was my model for Tyler Jacquez while David plays Dari Kirk, main character Cody McCayne’s on and off again boyfriend.



 BLMorticia’s snarky series about a man looking to shed his "gayness" The Army's the place to get right, right? Think again!

Overall Blurb

A gay curious young man whose fell over the fence more than a couple of times is seeking the armed forces to become more of a straight man under the duress of his family. He leaves behind his on and off again lover, Dari Kirk.

At the local recruiter’s office, he meets Corporal Justin Belvidere who can tell he’s hiding something. Running away from something he needs. He knows just what training facility to send him to. The one part of the army that everyone knows to be one of the finest and most upstanding platoons in the armed forces but they have hidden secrets.

Captain Morris Dunst runs Army company 9669. A proud group of men known for their tenacity, wit, and strength. He’s produced some of the best soldiers in his ten year tenure, teaching them how to be real men.

That take it all like men.

Cody is unaware he’s stepped into the platoon that makes the gay man realize his true potential as a well adjusted uncloseted male in the homophobic society. Morrie makes sure of that along with his right hand man and boyfriend, Lieutenant Darios Bright.

Cody will walk out of company 9669 with a new outlook and respect for his newfound manhood. The men in the platoon will see to it.

All information in the book about army life is factual while the company itself is all fiction as well as the characters. Its intent is to be humorous while showing the growing pains of a young man as he learns how to accept his homosexuality and the relationship with his lover without fear.


Book One
Basic Training

Book one begins with the introduction of Cody McCayne and his childhood friend Dari Kirk who’ve been having sex on the down low for a while until they’re found out. This scares Cody and he decides to cease their relationship.

Due to the constant taunts and chiding of his father and peers, he decides that joining the army is the answer for him to “get right” in his words. He thinks this will dispel his gay persona and make him a real man.

However, during his ten week tenure he’ll meet the characters at Fort Jackson of company 9669, the only all gay and lesbian platoon who operate as straight soldiers by day but play and teach at night. This section is run by Captain Morris Dunst and his lover, first Lieutenant Darios Bright.





The Literary Triad - http://www.thelitriad.com/#!

Michael Mandrake – http://tabooindeed.blogspot.com







2 comments:

  1. You have captured my Heart and my immediate attention to Menspirations .. this is my fave....You can count on me to be visiting quite often!!Love ya Sue and SHarits...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sue thank you for having me and thanks Richie! :D Hugs

    ReplyDelete