Friday, 30 November 2012

Sue's Christmas... and the year we ate Bing


Jingle Bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way...

That's about as Christmassy as I get. As I'm taking part in RJ Scott's Christmas Blog Hop  I ought to make the effort.

Okay, made the effort.

I am notorious for not bothering with Christmas. One year I didn't have the kids with me and instead my guests were a friend from university and my stepmother. We didn't eat Christmas dinner with turkey and all the trimmings. Instead we ate Bing. You may be wondering who Bing is, and why I have named something I am going to eat. Good questions all....

Bing was a salmon. Just an ordinary whole salmon from the supermarket. I didn't own or even catch Bing, yet I gave him a name. Why? Who knows. The previous salmon were called Fred and Ginger. The next one will be Doris. Are you seeing a pattern here? All I can say is, that instead of Christmas turkey and all the trimmings, we ate Bing with spring onions, new potatoes, mange tout and baby corn. Bing was fabulous. Thank you, old boy.


My ex used to cook the Christmas dinner to end all dinners, with enough food to feed a small-hell, huge-army. All of it cooked with accompaniment of a couple of bottles of port. He is a fabulous cook. With the port inside him, he is a genius. Or else I just don't care after I've sampled a glass or three.

And finally, there should always be a finally, we don't eat Christmas pudding, because the kids don't like it. We eat chocolate pudding. It's me, come on, there had to be chocolate involved somewhere.


I have a giveaway, but you'll have to wait a few weeks for the prize. Luke's Present is coming out from Dreamspinner on 19th December. If you leave a comment here you are entered in the giveaway to be drawn on 9am GMT on the day of publication.



Lost Cow Ranch foreman Simon Bryan is worried about Luke, his boss and possessive partner of twelve years. Reeling from the flood that took his horse, Luke has postponed surgery on his knee, and his nightmares have been escalating. Worse, he is pulling away from Simon emotionally. Desperate to help his lover cope, Simon plans a special Christmas gift, but it is Luke’s present that changes their relationship forever.


18 comments:

  1. Congratulation on your upcoming new release! Please include me in your contest.

    strive4bst(At) yahoo(Dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please count me in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your coming release~ ehehe... please count me in.

    Judi
    arella3173_loveless@yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bing sounds yummy! Congrats on the release. Count me in , please. Happy Holidays

    iamcoldflesh at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I name all kinds of things normally un-named...A Praying Mantis on my roses, the kitten in the window on my way to work...If something calls to you it should have a name. Please count me in, Thank you. chellebee66(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Holidays, Sue. I'm going to come visit you and you can make me chocolate pudding! I'll pass on Bing, though. LOL.

    Hugs,
    Sharon
    schofield726(at)comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your coming release~ ehehe... please count me in. i would REALLY love to win seeing as i have been following this series but i can't get your newest book seeing as i am outta work right now :(

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to the book!
    Yvette
    yratpatrol@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It may not be a 'traditional' christmas but it's still your tradition! Thanks for the chance to win :) raynman1979 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please count me in and Thanks for participating!
    peanutty222@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please enter me,thank you.
    cvsimpkins@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The chocolate and the salmon sound fantastic (as does the new book)!


    vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't eat Bings, Freds, or Gingers. Lol! Thanks for sharing.


    brendurbanist at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The chocolate sounds food but I don't eat sea food. And your book sounds really good. Please count me in!

    Deborah H
    Deborahhansen52@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Count me in please :)

    penumbrareads(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bing sounds delish and Doris "que sera sera". Do count me in please.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, my! That chocolate pudding looks delicious! Now I'm hungry! Congrats on the upcoming release! Thanks for participating in the hop!
    OceanAkers @ aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Sue, that blurb sounds so so good! Congratulations on your approaching release!
    I've never seen chocolate pudding like that one but it looks good!

    ~Rush~
    taina1959@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete