Saturday, 11 May 2013

Seductive Studs and Sirens Bloghop

I'm joining in with the Seductive Studs and Sirens Bloghop, for authors and bloggers of LGBT romance, erotic romance and erotica. Follow the linkie to read other wonderful authors and bloggers of the best genre there is.

This week I have a short excerpt from The Year of the Drouth, which you could call the prequel to the sequel, (Luke's Present in the Morning Report series). It focuses around the letters Chip and Simon, my cowboys from 1954, sent each other, in the days before texting. I hope to submit the WiP at the end of May.

"“I never thought we’d see these again,” Chip said in a quavery voice, tears brimming in his eyes.
“Nor me,” Simon said.
“We’ll leave you two to read them,” Luke said, “but may we come back?”
Simon grabbed Luke by the wrist, a momentary pang at the contrast of his gnarled old hand around Luke’s tanned skin. “You two come back anytime you want to, son.”
Chip nodded. “You are always welcome here. And if you bring Momma’s cheesecake?” He looked hopeful and everyone laughed.
The two men left after hugging them both. In the silence that followed Chip stared at the letters in Simon’s hand. “I don’t know if I can read these again.”
Simon shuffled forward and kissed Chip tenderly. “We’ll read them together,” he said, “and when it hurts we’ll know it doesn’t matter because there was a happy ever after.”

5 comments:

  1. Wow. Adding to my list. Can't wait for it.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double WOW! It pulls you in and you just know it's going to be something.... just what? That's the hanger. I can't wait to read it.

    Claudette

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice . . . nothing like having your heart squeezed right after breakfast. It's been a while since I read a cowboy story, may have to remedy that. :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    Charley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a lovely snippet! I so want to hear about those letters... their obviously hard trek to get where they are at today.

    ReplyDelete