Saturday, 4 May 2013

Seductive Studs and Sirens Bloghop

I'm joining in with the Seductive Studs and Sirens Bloghop, for authors and bloggers of LGBT romance, erotic romance and erotica. Follow the linkie to read other wonderful authors and bloggers of the best genre there is.



This is an excerpt from The Sky is Dead, and all royalties go to The Albert Kennedy Trust


He stares at me. “I met you when you were twenty. Why did you never tell me about your life? All those times I asked and you’d only just got off the streets?”

“Babe, I wanted to forget that boy ever existed. I still do.” That’s not me—even if I did just catch a little glimpse of Danny in the mirror.

I can see from his frown he doesn’t really understand. Taking a deep breath, I sit down beside him and hold his hand. Maybe now is the time to tell my story. Not all of it, of course. There are things I can never tell him. The things I had to do to eat, to survive. It’s a miracle I’m alive and not dead in some alleyway with a needle stuck in my arm. I didn’t contract HIV or the clap. I survived, and I can show him that. I’m not a victim and the sky isn’t dead.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like someone who triumphed.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did. It's a real story of triumph.

      Delete
  2. Gripping scene Sue! And I totally get his not wanting to tell people about things he would rather forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think we all have secrets we'd rather forget.

      Delete
  3. Super snippet, Sue. I'm so looking forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete