Tuesday, 31 December 2013

So long 2013 and don't come back

It's hard to describe just how pleased I am to see the back of 2013. It's been one hell of a year and although I know the issues are going to extend into 2014, this year has been one I never want to remember or repeat.



There have been some highs, notably writing highs. The amazing success of Hairy Harry's Car Seat  at the start of the year brought in some much needed cash into the Brown household. The ongoing sales of my YA short Summer's Dawn over the year has amazed and really pleased me.


The kids, doggies and I did the Stonewall Equality walk in Brighton this year. 





I was thrilled at the reaction to The Sky is Dead, my story about Danny, a teenager thrown out because he is gay. This year has seen extensive work in the genre to aid homeless charities such as Lost n Found in Atlanta and the Albert Kennedy Trust.


The world has seen some highs and lows in the GBLT community. Let's focus on the highs. Finally equal marriage was made legal in Britain.


In America DOMA was finally struck down to the sound of celebration and predictions of the world ending.


However the world hasn't ended yet and more states allowed same sex marriage, including Hawaii, New Mexico and Utah (heh!). 

This year I started ukgayromance to celebrate the gay romance genre in the UK. We've had some fabulous posts spotlighting Britain, our authors and the books. I'm hoping for bigger and better things in 2014.




I went to the UK Meet in Manchester in July, sharing a room with Lisa Worrall and Petronella Bond. I had a brilliant time and thoroughly enjoyed the talks from Marie Sexton and Elisa Rolle.


Anyway, I'm looking forward to tomorrow, the first of January and the start of a new chapter.


Happy New Year








No comments:

Post a Comment