Wednesday, 24 September 2014

I'm in my favourite place in the world

As you may gather from the title, I'm in my favourite place, my comfort place. I'm on the Isle of Wight visiting K.C. Wells. She's invited me down for the week for intense writing, chatting and just 'being'. And if being here stirs the juices for another story, that may or may not feature a certain Owens family... all to the good.

This was my first day's 'office' view at Smuggler's Haven. Just to be able to look over the sea was amazing. By office, I mean sit outside at a cafĂ© and write and write and write.


In the evening I went to KC's home and discovered I'd got burned boobs (well, slightly red). KC's hubby has kept me howling with laughter. This pic took three attempts because we were laughing so much.



Day 2 was such hard work. By hard work I mean we wrote again like furious things. This time we were in KC's regular 'office', the Beach Shack at Steephill Cove, which for some reason I translated as 'steeple'. *rolls eyes*  God, KC is so lucky to have this place.

Breakfast time!






1 comment:

  1. So jealous.

    I love the Isle of Wight. And to be able to write while having the sea in my line of sight, well I can't think of anything better.

    Is Smuggler's Haven the cafe next to Blackgang Ching? Because I had an amazing hot chocolate there last year!

    ReplyDelete