Thursday, 11 September 2014

The Day the World didn't Stop

I’m writing this on 9/ll. My Facebook and Twitter are full of pictures of New York in the darkest of hours. I’ve tried to think of something to say that is jokey, sparky and funny, but I just can’t. But that’s okay. We can’t always be shiny, happy people. Sometimes we have to mourn for our own loss, sometimes we mourn with millions of other people, sometimes we cry, and sometimes we shout and scream at life for being so bloody unfair.

Today is one of those days.

Today is also the day my neighbour buried her mother, I've learned how much it costs to develop a game, there was positive news from a Facebook friend about his cancer, my sister is feeling better after a worrying health scare last week, I’m waiting for the Oscar Pistorius verdict, and I’ve been editing a book that I wrote five years ago and musing on the way my writing had changed.

Today is one of those days.

The world hasn’t stopped today (so far) as it did in 2001. The world kept going today, and I’m very grateful for that. I hope it kept going for you too.

With all my love,

Sue Brown xx

No comments:

Post a Comment