Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Interesting Blogs: Authors

I admit that I approached Jeff Erno's blog on the difference between M/M fiction and gay fiction with trepidation, but in my opinion Jeff said all that needed to be said.
"Well, as m/m continued to grow, gay fiction eventually seemed to all but wither on the vine. As gay male readers like me inadvertently defected to m/m, they lost interest in the depressing, didactic, pompous, pretentious, overly-literary highfalutin arrogance of the gay male fiction establishment. I stopped caring about the literary awards when I realized they were simply a bunch of self-appointed literary snobs who looked down their noses on the kinds of books I liked to read (and write). I stopped worrying about what someone was going to think when they walked into my office and perused my bookshelves to find hundreds of explicit male-male titles. I don’t need nuance. I don’t need subtlety. I am who I am, and I like what I like."



KJ Charles is the blogger I want to be when I grow up. She has laid out her policy regarding reviews following the recent brouhahas with authors behaving extremely badly .
"So I have a public stated review policy, not because I expect anyone to take my word for it, but because it raises the stakes for me when I’m tempted to read reviews, let alone respond. It’s the reminder of your weight stuck to the fridge door, the green sash of the Victorian teetotaller, the Note To Self that says: Right now I am thinking clearly how I should behave, and I am taking this opportunity to control the behaviour of my future self, who may be less reasonable."

No comments:

Post a Comment