Thursday, 22 January 2015

Watching Cucumber with my kids

Not much to report today. I spent the day being a friend, not an author.

I made a boob (ha!) when I couldn't find my hospital number for the cancer hospital. Just wanted to chase up results. I spent the time scrabbling through my rubbish. It wasn't pleasant. I had visions of being CSI and digging through dumpsters. Anyway, I get the final results on Monday.

Spent the evening watching Cucumber, Banana and Tofu, the new Russell T. Davies series for Channel 4, E4 and 4OD. It's damn odd watching with my kids. Feels like I'm showing them my day job.


Now RTD is a huge hero in my family as we're all fanatical about Doctor Who and its spin-offs. However my kids have never seen adult RTD writing. They haven't watched Queer as Folk, and they won't be watching it with me! I have now reached the stage where they watch things calmly and I'm the one who's embarrassed.

Loved Cucumber. Let's face it, I'm the age of the main characters. Banana was okay but as they're nearer the age of my kids I rolled my eyes a lot. What the hell is Tofu about?

Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment