Wednesday, 18 February 2015

Happy Birthday, Sue

It's my birthday today. I was a bit low about it but hey, it had to happen at some point. I'm 48. Good lord, am I really that old? Sigh.

My day has been quiet. My daughter and I had it all planned but for reasons, she's been an awesome big sister tonight and our plans have been postponed. That's okay. It just means the festivities are spread out. My friend took us all for a cream tea yesterday which I really enjoyed. At some point I'm getting a Chinese takeaway and showing my kids Pride.

Book news: The Next Call is out and has received some amazing reviews. 3 Chicks After Dark made my day.
I’m in awe of many things in this story, but first and foremost it’s how Brown builds a relationship between two people who are physically absent. Their connection is genuine, heartfelt and simply remarkable. I’ll admit to being frustrated by it at times, because it’s clear Mark’s getting attached. He’s trying to have a normal life, and his relationship with Ian demonstrates that, however he has a growing obsession with Ricky’s calls. In fact, these guys live almost completely separate lives the entire book, yet still manage to form an intense emotional connection that doesn’t leave you doubting its sincerity or their sanity, which may even be more remarkable.

I'm still ploughing through In-Decision but I'm so close to the end I can't wait to be able to wrap it up and send it to the editor. It will be somewhere around 42-45k.

Time for me to go to bed. Night all.

3 comments: