Sunday, 24 May 2015

Blast from the Past: A Cock in the Window


I planned for the Kit Stone Mysteries to be a series but you know how it is, life gets in the way. But now the sequel is on the way, planned for December 2015!



BUYLINKS: Amazon: ARe


Hello, my name is Kit Stone and I carve dicks for a living. It’s an unusual hobby but it keeps me entertained and off the streets. Who would have thought that a quick glance through the window of my shop would turn my world upside down?

Copyright: Val Hughes


Excerpt:
Monday
They tell me I have to introduce myself so here goes. My name is Kit Stone. I’m thirty-six years old, grey eyes, have most of my hair and am just under six feet tall. Is that enough description? I live on my own and I own a small shop in Bregham on the corner of the High Street and Pool Road. I say own. Sadly, the shop is mine but the building belongs to Charlie Wright, as close to a gangster as a place like Bregham gets. Bregham is one of those south coast seaside towns, still living in a 1950s time warp which is just how the residents like it. In summer it’s full of tourists, in winter it’s full of old people, and most of the time I’m content to be in my shabby shop.
Tourists love the place. They spend hours in here sheltering from the rain and don’t buy a thing, playing with the gifts and toys and looking them over as if they are going to buy something. Of course they never do. Eventually, they edge their way to the cocks.
Cocks; not the chicken variety but carved wooden penises.
I see them all; young gay boys whose eyes pop as they furtively stroke the cocks, the women who are blatant as they handle Tom and Steve, and the dads who laugh at the collection but fiddle with all the carvings,  preferring Max’s curved shape and Alex’s big dick. Straight, family man? Heh, size queen!
I have to admit it’s not much of a shop and I have other jobs to keep the wolf from the door. I’m an editor for a small press; it’s not the most interesting work but I can work whilst I man the shop. My publisher is a shoestring operation but they insist on a good edit and I’m slowly building a reputation as the go-to guy. I’ve taken on freelance work as well, so I’ve got more than enough work to handle.
Oh, and I’m gay, if the wooden cocks didn’t give it away. Gay as the day is long, yada yada. I’ve not been in a relationship for a few years, not since Tony left with the boy next door. At first I hated being on my own but now I’ve got used to it and I think I’d find it hard to live with anyone.
I also drink coffee; lots of it and heaven help anyone who tries to convert me to herbal tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment