Monday, 21 September 2015

Pride Blog Hop: #LoveisLove



#LoveisLove

I spend a lot of time on Twitter and Facebook and I see this hashtag a lot. It's on my twitter profile. Originating as a campaign for marriage equality,  #LoveisLove is like a badge, or a not-so-secret handshake. I know that if I see someone with that on their profile we have something in common. We may not agree on everything but in something that is so important to me they are friend. In a world where many do not believe that two men or two women should love each other, let alone get married, finding a like-minded friend can be a light in the darkness.

#loveislove 


It's so simple and yet some people are so hide-bound by their prejudices they don't see it. I have hope that their views will change as they see same-sex couples loving each other and the world gets better. I have hope that LGBT kids know they are not alone. There are people out there who are rooting for them, not just now but for their future lives and relationships. 

#loveislove, my friends.

Giveaway





2 comments: