Saturday, 24 October 2015

Review of Into the Flesh by Ethan Stone

Into the Flesh by Ethan Stone.

Reno Detective Cristian Flesh is an out and unashamed cop, but his slutty ways might be his downfall. Cristian lives by a strict set of personal rules, preferring hook-ups and anonymous encounters to committed relationships. His guidelines work for him... until one of his tricks is murdered and he becomes the prime suspect.
 
Leave it to handsome lawyer Colby Maddox to save Cristian’s life. He takes the case and the attraction between them is quick and undeniable. After several passion-filled encounters with Colby, Cristian unexpectedly wants to break all his rules. However, before they can contemplate a future together, they’ll have to clear Cristian’s name and find the real murderer.






Review: I took the advantage of DSPP's Tweetaway to get the start of Ethan Stone's Flesh series. I'm a crime fanatic and Ethan's Into the Flesh didn't disappoint. I loved Detective Cristian Flesh's (and yes, his surname make's my flesh creep in a horror kind of way) outlook on life. He's seemingly so open and yet he's tied by rules and close-mouthed about his past. When he's framed for murder, he meets Colby, his handsome lawyer, who's the polar opposite. I don't like reviews that give away crime plots, so I'm going to say Ethan has written a fast-paced first book in the series, with engaging characters and an interesting plot. It also has an element of religion which is always a plus in my book. I am so pleased that there were no easy answers in this book, and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment