Sunday, 1 November 2015

Can't Wait for the New Week

*warning - potty mouth ahead in case you have issues with the f-word, the d-word etc*

I don't want to go through another couple of weeks like this in my genre. For once our genre hit the headlines but not for the right reasons. The plagiarism case hit national headlines, including the Guardian, the Washington Post and the Daily Mail. You know what? I don't want to link them. I'm kind of pissed about the articles and they're easy enough to Google, or read Jenny Trout's article.

The one thing I've realised that a) my genre is fucking awesome, b) I was expecting some shit from the M/F genre and we didn't get it. They're fucking awesome too, and sadly c) we still get dick comments from pig-ignorant 'journalists' and maroons in the comments section.

F.E Feeley Jr wrote an awesome post yesterday about laughing with the romance genre. Such a great post.

I don't give a monkey's bollocks what you read. But I'm tired of the snooty attitude to romance. It's that same gender-bias that women encounter with everything. Women's fiction is not as good as men's fiction, yadda yadda. Anyway, enough of that. It's a new week and that's all that matters.

I wrote a post on Outside the Margins about my day in Brighton. I loved my day off. However my writing week was a total disaster. I think I added 7k if that to my story.

Have a good week. Mine will be better if my internet returns. Sky has damaged fibre cables and south-west London is down. Lots of unhappy people.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment