Saturday, 14 May 2016

The Deadly Dames and future plans

A couple of days ago I saw one of my favourite historical authors in the genre, Charlie Cochrane, take part in a panel at Bognor Library. She's part of a group called the Deadly Dames, all women crime writers, and they give talks around the country. 


I've never been to anything like this before, but I'm a huge crime fan and it was a great evening, hearing the ladies talk about the genre, how their books developed and their favourite reads. I have a list of new authors to try. These ladies are so generous in their praise for fellow crime novelists.


After a chat with Charlie, I've decided I'd like to do the same thing. I've asked Clare London as she lives near me and we meet every week. It would be nice to find a couple of other authors to join us. I admit that's about as far as I've got in thinking about, although I would like to talk about being an author in the digital age.

I don't mind standing up in front of people, but it's been a while since I've talked to strangers. Charlie is persuasive though and how are people going to hear about our genre and our books unless we get in front of them?

Watch this space for further details.

No comments:

Post a Comment