Sunday, 12 June 2016

Orlando

I have plenty to say about the shooting in Orlando at the gay club, Pulse. But it all comes over as pushing an agenda against guns and bigots. My thoughts, fractured though they are, can wait for another day. Today is for mourning the dead, and helping the injured.

I posted this on Facebook. It will do for now.

I've been trying to think of something to say about the Orlando ‪#‎Pulse ‬shootings that isn't trite and pointless. I'm as stunned as everyone else and wish there was something practical I could do to help. Sitting here, thousands of miles away, it all seems so remote, but we're not without our own experience. London has suffered its fair share of bombings, including those aimed at the LGBT community. We can pray for the dead and injured, cry, or mock and call it God's will (I've seen both vileness on social media). But those of us with an ounce of empathy extend our love and thoughts to those injured and bereaved.

This is the gofundme link.

No comments:

Post a Comment