Saturday, 20 August 2016

Ducks In a Row: Branding

I've decided to call this one of my ducks in a row posts. I'm putting my ducks in a row, and sorting things out. See? It does make sense (sort of). 


This is usually my life.

In this case I'm in the middle of sorting out branding and marketing. If you're an author and you haven't considered your branding, I really recommend talking to other authors about the subject. It was a chance discussion a few years ago with the great Poppy Dennison that made me first think about it. There are plenty of articles on author branding. My suggestion is start simple. Talk to authors and get their advice. You can conquer the world later!

Anyway, it was time I updated and gave Sue a new face. You've seen my new face for a while now but this my official opening. Ta da!

I don't have mad artistic skills and I find it very difficult to articulate what I desire in a cover. I'll discuss that further in another ducks in a row post. When I look through advertising my favourite brands are always very simple. I don't know if it's a consequence of epilepsy or just me, but too much detail make my eyes and head hurt.

Thanks to Meredith Russell I updated my brand image to something simple and elegant, just using my initials and a hat which reflects my utter fondness for cowboys. I don't think that'll ever go away.



EDIT: I've added in a picture of my new business cards as they arrived today.



I've also used this same brand for when I finish my het stories. I will introduce her in another blog, coming soon... when I actually have a book to talk about.



I am determined to keep my ducks where I can see them. Wish me luck!







2 comments:

  1. Branding, you has it! :)

    Branding, I ... errrmmmmm. Sheep instead of ducks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new logo...

    and yeah, I feel you regarding the ducks ...

    ReplyDelete