Saturday, 1 October 2016

Last Morning Blues

It's our last morning in the Lighthouse at Steephill Cove. We're packed and ready to leave, and none of us want to go.

Photo by Jason Dean
This has been a writing retreat, but also my holiday, with no expectations but what I chose to set myself. I managed to get my WIP to 30K with plans for what I want to do with it, plus sketch out plots for two more stories, The Long Con, and Alpha Barman 2 (title yet to be decided).

I did a lot of this. Staring out to sea, and drinking coffee. I did a lot of eating good food and drinking wine. In other words I relaxed.  I'm looking forward to going home and seeing my kids and doggies, but I've got some decisions to make. You'd think staring out at the waves would have helped, but actually most of the time my brain went lalalalalalala.

It's raining cats and dogs at the moment, and none of us are looking forward to the climb up the cliff-steps to the car. Fingers crossed by the time it comes to go, the rain will have eased.

Thank you to my friends and companions, Jason Dean and K.C. Wells, for a great week. K.C. and I have been talking about staying in the Lighthouse for a couple of years and now we've done it. We'll be back. 




No comments:

Post a Comment