Saturday, 28 January 2017

Badass Rogue Science Agencies Take Over Twitter

While I've struggled to function this week on any useful level, I have been kept entertained by Twitter.




American federal agencies were told to halt external communications with news media unless it had been cleared by senior officials. Read more here. For instance, @BadlandsNSP was forced to delete a series of tweets on climate change. Honestly, did the new administration not expect what would happen next? Of course a series of rogue accounts proliferated with the same information.




If you're wondering why the hell I'm focusing on American political wrangling again, I refer you back to my earlier post in the week and this post from Chuck Wendig, Trust Me I Don't Want to Talk About This Shit Either.

Third, and I dunno if you’ve noticed this, but things are really going slippery in this country. We’re all in a tractor-trailer driving across a frozen lake, man. The back end has gone wobbly. We’re fishtailing here and the ice is fracturing underneath us as we rip forward. I don’t open the news and find much good there — it’s hard to say, OH, THANK GOD THEY’RE PUTTING GAG ORDERS ON VITAL GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS TO MAKE SURE THEY DON’T TALK TO THE PUBLIC, YOU KNOW, THE DEPARTMENTS THAT THE PUBLIC FUCKING FUNDS WITH OUR PUBLIC FUCKING MONEY. Our president and his press secretary get up there and spout easily disprovable lies (remember: the duck is a dog, you traitor). Read more here.
On a note of levity, let me leave you with this tweet.







2 comments:

  1. You couldn't make this stuff up! Oh wait. Somebody has. lol Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rogue accounts. Truth certainly is stranger than fiction. This gives me hope for the future ❤

    ReplyDelete