Tuesday, 10 January 2017

Today's Dangerous Games

In what bizarro universe did it become okay to dox(x) people?

I wake up to see IDIOTS have tried to dox an author in the M/M genre. What the fuck?? I make no apologies for the language. Do you know how fucking dangerous it is to dox people? I don't care who they are. No one, but no one, deserves to be doxed. You don't dox people, especially vulnerable people, where it could affect their job, their housing and their relationships. You know, all the things we write and discuss. This is not just name-calling. This is deliberately trying to endanger people.

Over the past two years, I've watched people on social media, especially women, LGBT people and People of Colour, get doxed, swatted, have to move, living effectively in hiding, and need security at events because of threats. All for what? Some idiots have taken offence at something they said. No, I'm not going to mention their names, because I'M NOT THAT STUPID! Why would I want to blow a fucking dog whistle to give them more unwanted attention.

This isn't a game. It isn't funny. It's fucking stupid. Other people will probably give more in depth blogs on the subject. I haven't got the patience. I've said my piece. Yes, I'm livid. Don't be fucking dicks, but more to the point, don't be fucking criminal.

Added: I don't know if this is still active but help for people who have been doxed can be found here.









No comments:

Post a Comment