Saturday, 6 May 2017

Mainstream Books with LGBT characters

Over the years, I've read a book or five. Reading mainstream books came to a screeching ten years ago when I discovered fanfiction, and then the MM genre. I've never really got back into reading mainstream books, but a post on Facebook about horror reminded me of a James Herbert book, Sepulchre.

One of the things I'd forgotten about the book was the gay couple in the book. I ought to add this is horror, not a romance, so don't be expecting a happy ever after.

Thinking about this book reminded me how many mainstream books I've read over the years with LGBT characters. I didn't set out to buy books with gay characters. This was before I spent much time on the computer, so I came across them by accident.

I read most genres except romance (then), and finding LGBT characters treated respectfully was a real bonus. I'm going to reread and review some of these books, starting with Sepulchre. I'm looking forward to a trip down memory lane. I'd love to find other mainstream books with LGBT characters, so if you have a favourite, please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. If you like UF: The Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, but a more major secondary character is Warren in Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series. I know I've read other series, but they don't come to mind.

    ReplyDelete